​Halton Young Carers

Who is a Carer?

A Carer can be any age and is someone who is unpaid and cares for a partner, parent, child, sibling friend or neighbour who has a disability or long-term health condition and lives in Halton. This could be someone who has a physical, sensory or learning disability, mental health, substance misuse or due to frailty needs additional support from you on a regular basis. At Halton Carers’ Centre we register carers of all ages including young carers, please see our young carers section to find out more!

What support can a carer get?

Halton Carers Centre offer numerous services from Info & Advice to free relaxation therapies, please see our services for more details.

​​Young Carers                              

Young carers are children and young people under the age of 18 years, who provide care to another family member who has a physical illness or disability, mental ill health, sensory disability or has problematic use of drugs or alcohol and the level of care they provide would normally be undertaken by an adult, thus impacting adversely on their childhood. 

What sort of problems do young carers face?

  • Not being able to concentrate in class
  • Feeling tired all the time
  • Feeling embarrassed to talk about their caring role
  • Feeling worried about the person they care for and what is happening at home
  • Not having the time to do homework and finding school life difficult to manage
  • Being bullied
  • Getting into trouble with teaching staff
  • Missing out on spending time with friends



​Further information regarding

            'Young Carers'  

                   can be found via the link below

                                   Halton Carers 

                                           Telephone Widnes: 

                0151 257 9673

                              Telephone Runcorn: 

               01928 580182