| "Don't be a fool, Park away from the school"|
Problems caused by inconsiderate and/or illegal parking in the vicinity of schools during morning drop off and afternoon pick up are a constant cause of complaints for the local authority.
Parking illegally or inconsiderately not only causes inconvenience to local residents and undermines the school's efforts to be a good neighbour but creates road safety issues, including danger to pedestrians crossing roads.
The local authority do not always have the power or indeed time to deal with all perceived problems outside schools and the Police may also have limited resources to put into this area, therefore your own efforts are an important part in ensuring the safety of our children in and around our school.
It must be remembered that we currently live with a car culture and freedom of choice in schooling means some children now travel from a much wider area. Removing all the vehicles taking children to school is therefore an unrealistic target.
We would always promote walking to school as a first choice, as the fresh air and exercise on a daily basis gives huge health benefits to you and your child; it helps reduce carbon footprint and is free.
If however you chose to drive please consider the following
DO NOT stop or park:-
- Near a school entrance
- Anywhere you would prevent access for emergency services
- Opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction except in an authorised parking space
- Where a kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicle
- In front of an entrance to a property
- On a bend
- Where you would obstruct cyclists' use of cycle facilities except when forced to do so by stationary traffic
- On the yellow "Keep Clear" zig zags outside the school
Most schools' do not allow any parking within the school grounds but we are actively seeking to resolve
congestion in and around our school and therefore allow:
- Visitors to school to park on the school grounds
- Delivery vehicles to park on the school grounds
For Further information regarding Roads & Vehicle Safety please visit Cheshire Constabulary via the link below:
By parking in a legal and considerate manner, congestion will be reduced and safety increased along with enjoying the benefits of easy access to the school and enhancing the relationship of the school with its neighbours.