|Funding for the PE and sport premium|
Most schools with primary-age pupils receive the PE and sport premium
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
In most cases, the amount of pupils in the school who attract the funding is determined using data from the January school census.
How schools use the PE and sport premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that we are using the sports premium to achieve the 5 key indicators of the School Sports Premium funding. These are:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport